Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Greetings!

This marks the beginning of my senior project blog. For those of you already familiar with my past works, you may be surprised by this new series. Recent events in my life have changed the way I look at everything, including my art, and it will be seen here. Life is unpredictable, sometimes chaotic, and may throw many wrinkles into your plans. The key is to take those wrinkles and still make something beautiful with them. These ideas are what I am exploring in my new series. Stay tuned for more....

6 comments:

  1. You may be interested in looking at the work of Yvonne Porcella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany - the way that you talked about your work during the crit was very effective. I agree with Russ about keeping in mind the color scheme and size of the piece in relation with emotion. Other than that, the new works are such a departure from the other work that I have seen you do. It is loose and daring and refreshing, they are beautiful! Especially the two that you said you liked the most. I look forward to seeing more of this work and what you do with it... See how they look if you leave some of them wrinkled. Stretching them...it's almost as if you're still trying to keep some sort of perfection...let a little of that go and see what happens! :) Good job, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestions and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work as well as your words are brave and raw, powerful in honesty and beauty. I believe a true artist brings her soul to the surface without fear. You are fearless. Your work reflects your fearless wounded heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new progress is strong. Have your tried more netting on top and with some color shifts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No new layers of netting yet - I'm still adding the wire to the interior to add sculpt-ability. I will definitely working some of the netting into the top layers as well, perhaps with some weaving in, some weaving out. Where ever my eyes seems to want to take it I suppose....

    ReplyDelete