Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Installation Process......












The installation went well. I began with a paper guide to help show me where everything should be . From there I drilled in 10" Wood screws and began to hang the piece. Once it was where it needed to be, the paper guide was removed, and I could see what my piece would look like in the space. It was pretty exciting to see it in it's official place!

Next I needed to help conceal the plain screws. I used a furry type of yarn that wrapped around the screws, hung down and again looped around in various ways. This way even the supports were part of the completed piece. This was the only part I had not pre-tested prior to the install, but I am happy with the way it turned out.

Lastly I needed to do some touch-up stitching and some overall wire shaping. And finally, after what seemed like forever but really was not, my installation was complete. Except of course for my guestbook, which as you can see in one of the above images, is already underway.

2 comments:

  1. The work and installation have come together so strongly...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Tiffany! We put your label up for you today. Can't wait to see your guest book!

    ReplyDelete